Acceptable Use Policy
Your use of the Service is subject to this Acceptable Use Policy. If you are found to be in violation of our policies at any time, as determined by Knowru in its sole discretion, we may warn you or suspend or terminate your account. Please note that we may change our Acceptable Use Policy at any time, and pursuant to the Knowru Terms, it is your responsibility to keep up-to-date with and adhere to the policies posted here. All capitalized terms used herein have the meanings stated in the Terms, unless stated otherwise.
In addition to (and/or as some examples of) the violations described in the Terms, you may not and may not allow any third party, including your End Users, to:
- Data mining any web property (including Knowru) to find email addresses or other user account information;
- Intentionally distribute viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, corrupted files, hoaxes, or any other items of a destructive or deceptive nature;
- Conduct or forward pyramid schemes and the like;
- Illegally transmit another's intellectual property or other proprietary information without such owner's or licensor's permission;
- Use the Service to violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Promote or encourage illegal activity;
- Interfere with other users' enjoyment of the Service;
- Perform significant load testing without first obtaining Knowru's written consent (email permitted), as otherwise these may be treated as denial-of-service attacks;
- Sell, trade, resell or otherwise exploit the Service for any unauthorized commercial purpose;
- Modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Service;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Service;
- Reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the Service's administration display;
- Use the Service in connection with illegal peer-to-peer file sharing;
- Use the Service to "mine" bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies;
- Modify the Knowru logo or any other Knowru Marks;
- Use the Service, or any interfaces provided with the Service, to access any Knowru product or service in a manner that violates the Terms or other terms and conditions for use of such Knowru product or service.
This document is an adaptation of the Heroku Acceptable Use Policy. The original work has been modified. Heroku, Inc. is not connected with and does not sponsor or endorse Knowru or its use of the work.